We're Hiring Now... Apply Today!
Patrol and Detention Deputies:
- Full Time
- FY2022 Wages > $30.08-$33.69 per hour DOE
- Grave and Swing Shift Differentials
- Specialty Pay
- Bilingual Pay
- Instructor and Trainer Pay
- Narcotics Enforcement Team Pay
- Certification Incentives
- Relocation Assistance Available
- Rotating Schedules including days, nights, and weekends
- Full Benefits
- Good Character and clean background are required
- Accepting Entry Level and Lateral Applicants.
Deputy Testing Requirements: All deputy applicants must pass a physical readiness test, basic skills written test, polygraph, medical physical, vision, and hearing tests. Out-of-State applicants should plan on a 2-3 day scheduled visit for testing and interviews.
Deputy applicants must be 21 years old, in excellent physical condition, a US citizen, possess or be able to possess a valid Idaho State driver’s license, and have a high school diploma or equivalency. See our Detention Deputy and Patrol Deputy pages for more information.
Duties include officer and inmate safety, and facility security. Control Operators are responsible for operating the Detention Center's electronic security system to allow movement in and around the facility, monitoring all Detention Center radio traffic, and making appropriate radio transmissions and log entries. Applicants must be detail-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task and have excellent communication skills.
Control Operator Testing Requirements: Applicants must pass Computer Skill Test (Minimum Typing 20 WPM), polygraph, vision, and hearing testing. Good Character and clean background are required.
Control Operator applicants must be 19 years old, possess or be able to possess a valid Idaho State driver’s license, and have a high school diploma or equivalency. See our Control Operator page for more information.
Compensation includes Full Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Persi Retirement System
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Time Accrual
- Employee Assistance Program
- Air St. Luke's Family Membership
- Pre-Tax Cafeteria Plans
- Lateral Pay Scale
- Deputy Shift Differentials, Bi-Lingual, and Specialty Pay
Applicants should possess superior communication skills, unimpeachable integrity, and a strong commitment to public service and the community that we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates will be required to successfully complete a written application, oral board interviews, a background investigation, and a polygraph.
Deputy Candidates will also be required to successfully complete physical fitness testing, a written basic skills test, medical, vision, and hearing testing.
Control Applicants are also required to pass computer skills, polygraph, hearing, and vision testing.
Out-of-State applicants should plan on a 2-3 day scheduled visit for testing and interviews.
How to Apply
- Under Application Documents below, open our fillable PDF Application for Employment. Read the instructions provided.
- Save the Application onto your desktop computer. (You may also handprint.)
- Answer all the questions and input your personal information.
- There are three signatures required.
- Attach copies of the required personal identification documents listed in the application.
- Mail, email, or deliver your application packet to BCSO Attention Holly Carter 1650 Aviation Dr., Hailey, Idaho 83333.
- If you have any questions while you are completing the application contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (208)788-5536.